Hey beautiful people! I hope you are having a most wonderful Thursday!

It’s no secret that I have always wanted to see more diversity in books and on covers… Heck, I want to see diversity in and on anything bookish and beyond! It’s as clear as day what the covers and protagonists of the most popular books look like. You don’t need me to tell you that you rarely find anyone of color on the cover or as the protagonist. This is especially true in middle grade/YA/NA books. You can’t even see a curvy/heavy person on the cover even though the book is clearly about a BBW! Then you have women authors who are not being recognized in the same light as the men in the industry.  

For a few years now more and more people are vocalizing their disappointment in the book industry for not really addressing the lack of diversity and furthermore doing something proactive about it.

The voices are getting louder but they need to be even louder! We want the call for diversity to be heard around the world! OOO WEEE am I excited about this one.

Join the #WeNeedDiverseBooks Campaign on May 1st-3rd in which a series of events will take place in order to generate the loudest buzz ever.  

May 1st- Day One- It’s about that social media thang! We are to post a picture explaining why we want to see more diversity in books. Post that picture wherever you have a social media account with the hashtag #WeNeedDiverseBooks. 



Here is my contribution for the day!  








I’ve already been on Instagram and Twitter with a huge smile on my face because of the turnout!

Go to the #WeNeedDiverseBooks  page for detailed information.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting post! I don't think I have ever really thought about covers in this light. I love books covers and the more unique the better. I'm all for diversity :)

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete